Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh me, oh my...


Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond


Confetti!!!


Easter Easter Easter..


It was a nice Easter for us. Pretty mellow, with a few cascarones and Shirley Temple movies. We had a good time. Solan had fun making some of these and had even more fun cracking them on Mama's head. There was no vinegar in the house, so no easter egg dye for us. Instead, we used markers and it worked out just fine. I grilled some tofu and veggies and we had a nice dinner too.

In other news, I found an old friend of mine, Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond. We worked together as Resident Assistants at good ol' Bruce Hall at the University of North Texas. Bruce was the "Art dorm." The one that carried the freaks, the geeks, and the most creative and outlandish. I had such a wonderful time working in the same environment that I lived in. It was remarkable getting to know so many people and I had a blast! Well, Shara is a very gifted vocalist and has been part of Sufjian Stevens' band!!! I wish I had known that!! I wanted to go see him when he came to Austin, but tix sold out, and it turns out that she opened for him...so amazing. I have always thought of choreographing movement and dance to her tunes, her voice is mesmerizing. And right now, I'm very much in a mood to hear her. You know, the kind of mood where you're not too happy and not too sad. Mellow, I guess. So, I hope you take a listen to her, you'll love her, I know you will.

2 comments:

zeliaevora said...

I should listen to her! hey, can you tape some music for me? where can i find it anyway???

Mamameo said...

I would love to record some music for you!!