Tuesday, September 16, 2008

How are you?

Good, I hope. Is Fall in the air where you are? If you're in Texas, probably not. Fall season has officially hit here in Colorado. The leaves are turning their bright hues...yellows, reds, and browns. It's rather beautiful. The light reflects differently on everything and presents that ever present feeling of "something is about to happen." I love it! Nowadays, I am using my mountain bike to get around. Since Grad studies has begun once again, I find it the most convenient way to get from my Grad assistant position on one campus to then attend my courses on another. Boulder is quite the biker-friendly place and I love it when big ol' trucks put it in reverse when they have crossed the bike or cross-walk. I'm not sure if that would happen in Texas. It seems that I notice a bit of everything too. The sidewalks and gravel streets look so different when I'm biking vs. when we are in our vehicle. It's beautiful, really. I will miss my bike rides when the snow arrives, I can definately say that. Just sending everyone Happy Fall thoughts....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I really want to get up into the mountains to get some pictures of the foliage before the color is gone completely. If only this sinus cold I have would stop kicking my butt. How nice that you are able to ride your bike around town! It does give you a different perspective, for sure. Enjoy the fall. I love the crispness in the air and how brilliant everything seems to look.