Thursday, November 6, 2008

You really wanna know?

I'll tell you why "One Fine Day" speaks to me...because, for me, it's bridging the gap between the known and the unknown. It describes the human experience, the dying, the suffering that we all experience. Yes, these experiences may be completely different from individual to individual, but this song highlights what I think is part of the human experience. We all want to know why we are here. We all want to know why we feel so alone even among those closest to us. This part of us that is simply an extension of our true nature is highlighted in this song. "I stand in liquid light- like ev'ryone I built my life with rhymes- to carry on." There are many instances of metaphor in this song and I don't want to share too much of my personal self here. I think we are looking for an answer to the experience of suffering and I feel that "One Fine Day" highlights that question. Simply put, I also feel that this song describes a moment of dying and the moments before we bridge with our eternal Selves. Anyways, I hope that helps you "woman" and I'm surprised that you live inside Pikes Peak. What made you decide to move?
Then a piece of mind- fell over me
In these troubled times- I still can see
We can use the stars – to guide the way
It is not that far- one fine day….

1 comment:

Mamameo said...

I wouldn't say that there is struggle or sadness in my life at this moment.